For general information, please email
The girls volleyball program has enjoyed tremendous success throughout the region. Please select a team from the list below in order to learn more or get in touch with a coach or administrator.
The mission of the Race City Volleyball Club is to provide an opportunity for athletes to enhance their volleyball skills, increase their self-confidence and compete against others with the Carolina Region and Nationally.
The following are the expectations of all players of all teams at all levels.
- Attend all practices and tournaments ready and eager to play with a positive attitude.
- Respect self and others including but not limited to other team members, coach and playing facilities.
- Keep playing area clean.
- Maintain positive can-do attitude at all times.
- Attend and pass scoring clinic.
- Obey Carolina tournament rules and regulations.
- Act as a line judge.
- Do not interfere with judges decision.
- Sign and obey Race City Sports player code of conduct.
- Represent Race City Volleyball in a proper fashion.
Attendance is a critical factor to the success of an team. The following policies are in place for all teams
- It is expected that all players be on time for all practices and games.
- A practice schedule will be provided in a timely fashion and any conflict in practices must be discussed with the coach.
- Legitimate excuses for not attending practices are medical conditions documented by a physician, unplanned family events and school functions.
- The coach must be notified for all absences within 24 hours prior to the practice.
- Failure to attend 5 scheduled practices, regardless of reason, within a season is not permissible. After the 5th unexcused absence players will not be permitted to play in any tournaments regardless of their standing within the team. They will not be entitled to any refunds of any fees paid for the season.
- For excused absences the coach, director and parents will meet to discuss the attendance issue. It will be at the coach’s discretion if the player will be able to play any upcoming tournaments.
Race City Volleyball recognizes that tournament playing is a way for players to develop their skills on the court. However, playing time is earned and not guaranteed. Practice is guaranteed. At the coaches discretion they will determine in the best interest of the team who earns the playing time.
Coaches will make the decision they feel are most likely to give the team a chance to win. While you may not always agree with these decisions, please respect the coaches right to make them. If a parent or player disagrees with the coaches decision it is not to be addressed with the coach during a game or at a tournament or during practice. If a player or parent would like to discuss their playing time with a coach or any other areas of disagreement the following guidelines apply:
- The player or parent is encouraged to contact the coach to establish a mutual meeting time for the coach, player and or parent. The director may be present at the meeting.
- Maintain the utmost respect at all times. All individuals deserve to be treated with respect.
- Foul language, yelling or other abusive actions will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Use of inappropriate behavior will result in the players immediate termination in the club and forfeiting all fees paid for the year and their spot on the team. This action can be a result of either player or parent/guardian acting in an inappropriate manner.
Keep in mind that many factors contribute to a coach playing one player over another. Some of these factors include attitude, practice dedication and a player’s ability to play in a team environment. It is not for the coach to defend their decision in the playing process; however, they can give constructive suggestions on how the player can improve their chances of increasing playing time.
Family participation and dedication is a key ingredient in the success of the club and the development of the player. Parents can demonstrate the importance by meeting the following expectations. This includes the guests that family members bring to practices and tournaments.
- Ensure players arrive at games and practice on time and are picked up promptly.
- Respect practice areas and restore all areas to their original state.
- Set a good example at tournaments and practices by respecting coaches, athletes, other parents, the officiating team and members of other teams.
- Be encouraging, not critical during and after games.
- Leave the coaching to the coaches.
- Do not provide instruction to the players from the sidelines.
- Do not use profanity.
- Respect the coach’s decision on playing time.
- Attend parent meetings scheduled by the Club director or coach.
- Agree and sign Race City Volleyball Family and Guardians Code of Conduct.
Race City Volleyball recognizes that there is no place for drugs and alcohol for our players, coaches and administration. Immediate dismissal will result if a player, coach or administrator is found using an illegal substance. No refunds of fees will be paid if a player is dismissed due to alcohol or drug abuse.
Once selected for a team and to secure your spot on the team a deposit will be due at the first day of practice. There will be no refunds once you’ve paid and signed the player commitment sheet. A second payment will be due on December 15th with all fees being due by January 15th. If a player is not in good standing by January 15th, they will not be allowed to practice or play with the team until all monies have been paid.
Because we run like a non-profit organization, Race City Sports’ administrative staff, which include the directors, are not paid. Fees are used for coaches’ salaries, tournament fees, Carolina Regional fees, uniforms and practices related items. Every attempt will be made to keep costs to a minimum while maintaining a worthwhile program.
The team parent will coordinate the lodging and collecting the fees for the coaches. The parents will only be responsible for the coaches lodging if it is a two or more-day tournament, the tournament is held out of state, or if due to distance, the team feels an overnight stay is warranted. All other fees for the coaches will be paid out of the general fees. All players will divide the coaches lodging fees equally.
Announced fees are structured as if a player and their team would play an entire schedule. Additional fees may be assessed if a team elects to attend more than the established tournaments.